Arundel Dental Group Welcomes You
Our office has reopened fully
and we have resumed all routine dental care.
We are currently booking examination and cleaning appointments six to eight weeks away.
Dental care and cleanings are essential for your health. Dentists specialized in infection control before the coronavirus pandemic, and continue to do so for everyone's safety.
It is safe to go to the dentist and you should not delay care.
Your safety is our utmost concern.
When you arrive for your appointment you will be escorted directly into the dental office and seated immediately without having to sit in the waiting area. Please call from your car upon arrival to see if we are ready to seat you. Patients with a temperature or any potential symptoms of Covid-19 will be rescheduled.
Social distancing will be maintained.
Please do not bring any additional family members to
your appointment, or have them wait in your car
during your appointment.
A FACEMASK IS REQUIRED
FOR ENTRY INTO THE BUILDING.
Please call the office if you have any special needs or concerns. Leave a voice message if we are unavailable to answer your call. If you are not comfortable keeping an appointment at this time, we will gladly reschedule you at a later date.
If you have a fever, cough or cold, or recent exposure to Covid-19, please let us know and we will reschedule your appointment.
We strongly encourage everyone
to get vaccinated against the Coronavirus.
The vaccines are safe and effective!
What to Expect during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What are you doing differently because of COVID-19?
To help limit the spread of COVID-19 my staff and I have:
• Increased personal protective equipment including masks, face shields, goggles, surgical gowns or long-sleeved lab coats.
• Increased cleaning protocols. This includes using disinfectants known to kill the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 and frequently cleaning, minimizing or eliminating the use of high touch items in the office.
• Asking you to wait outside in your car rather than in the waiting room, wearing face masks and not bringing additional people to your appointment.
- State of the art HEPA air filtration devices are now used in the dental treatment rooms.
Q: Is it safer to schedule your appointment first thing in the morning? the office will be cleaner because there haven’t been patients coming through before me.
You should schedule your dental appointment for the time of day that works for you. The same enhanced cleaning protocols occur all day long.
Q: How is your dental team monitoring themselves for COVID-19?
Staff at our practice are subject to daily health screenings. This includes taking their temperatures to make sure they don’t have a fever and asking health-related questions each day to make sure they’re not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
All staff members received their initial Covid-19 Vaccine on January 13, 2021 and their second dose on February 3, 2021.
Congratulations to Sherri Doegen upon her retirement after 40 years at the Arundel Dental Group!
About the practice
Our team relies on modern technology as well as friendly service to offer you the best and most comprehensive treatment. We are a family dental group practice that has served Glen Burnie and Anne Arundel County since 1958. We offer convenient evening and weekend hours and pride ourselves in accomodating emergencies promptly.
OUR DENTAL INSTRUMENTS ARE DISINFECTED AND HEAT STERILIZED AFTER EACH PATIENT. ALL OTHER INSTRUMENTS ARE SINGLE USE, DISPOSABLE ITEMS.
OUR AUTOCLAVES ARE SPORE TESTED WEEKLY BY AN OUTSIDE LABORATORY IN COMPLIANCE WITH STATE AND FEDERAL GUIDELINES TO VERIFY COMPLETE INSTRUMENT STERILIZATION.
Welcome to our office. There is nothing more beautiful than a healthy smile. That's why the team at our dental practice will do everything they can to ensure your teeth are their healthiest, and that they stay that way.
An article in the Journal of Aging Research showing the link between dental visits, toothbrushing and flossing to longevity:
Project Clean Toothbrush: Important Tips to Help Prevent the Spread of Germs:
Click here to read and/or download flyer
Information about periodontal (gum) disease:
Gum disease-causing bacteria have been linked to Alzheimer's disease:
Information about oral cancer:
Information about Do-It-Yourself Teeth Straightening:
- The American Dental Association and member dentists across the country are dedicated to the health and safety of the patients they serve.
- ADA policies oppose Do-It-Yourself Teeth Straightening and Direct to Consumer Dental Laboratory Services because dentists are concerned about the potential for irreversible harm to patients.
- For example, orthodontic treatment, if not done correctly, could lead to potential bone loss and receding gums, changed bites, and other issues.
- The ADA believes that for the health and well-being of the public, patient supervision by a licensed dentist is necessary for all phases of treatment.
- You can find more information on MouthHealthy.org, the ADA’s website for the public at MouthHealthy.org/DIYdentistry.
Our new Kodak 8000 Digital Panoramic x-ray machine offers reduced patient radiation exposure, enhanced and immediate image capability and is safer for the environment.
We purchased a Kodak 1500 Intraoral Camera to enhance our diagnostic and digital capabilities.
Dr. Heisman completing marathons #34, #35, #36, #37 and #38 (2015 South Carolina, 2016 West Virginia, 2018 Georgia, 2019 New Jersey and 2020 Lousiana).